A baseline study was conducted in 2008 to assess awareness and impact of the guidance among directors/board members. The principal aims of the baseline study were to determine:
- The level of awareness of the guidance among its target market.
- How directors and board members heard about and accessed the guidance.
- The number of directors that have read the guidance.
- Whether the guidance is considered relevant and influential.
- Whether action has been taken (or planned) as a result of the guidance.