This study of UK businesses with over 250 employees investigates the health and safety information made publicly available by UK companies.
Specific objectives of this study were:
- To determine the level of reporting of health and safety matters in the websites, annual reports and other publicly available documents (including health and safety reports, corporate and social responsibility reports, sustainability/sustainable development reports etc) of 300 companies operating in the UK with more than 250 employees who had not been included in previous health and safety reporting studies.
- To identify the issues reported in terms of health and safety principles, performance and targets.
- To compare the level of health and safety reporting between industries for the companies reviewed.
- To compare the level of health and safety reporting of these companies with those assessed in previous studies (mostly FTSE350).
- To identify reporting exemplars.